Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Foundations

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:   And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.   And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:   And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."    Matthew 7:24-27 KJV

I've heard a great preacher by the name of Derek Prince state, "the foundation sets the limits."  I have found that in my own Christianity I have made my greatest 'self' failures due to inadequate and false foundations.  The bible warns us that there is way that seems right unto man...meaning what we think and believe based upon our world view and intellect...but the end thereof leads to death.  Well, then that would explain my financial indebtness, bad relationships, poor grades, and countless other issues that I instigated.  But when I discovered that there can be and has always been One foundation forever poured out on my behalf and that this foundation has excellent consistency and great long lasting value, I now allow the Great and Eternal Master Builder of all life,  LORD Father God, to build me up upon His given foundation, Jesus Christ
The limits set by having and trusting the foundation is not to deny one the ability to expand or grow, but it ensures that the weight of growth can be maintained and that time and weather cannot destroy the buildings footing.  Jesus was poured out that we might have life and that more abundantly.   In fact Jesus desires that we expand and grow, in Him, so He has left the believer His Holy Spirit who is the One who knows the architectural plans of the Father concerning my life and yours.
So, my friend today examine what foundation you are trying to build and be built on, and ensure it is the Word of LORD GOD only...be built up in your most holy faith...Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment